Thursday, April 1, 2021

Simp by Sanjeev Sethi

After unpacking the journal 
from overseas
I riffle through the pages 
to locate my poem.
I point at the byline 
to my unlettered biddy, 
“My work is over the place. 
I’m not on an ego trip. 
I don’t even brag”. 
She is impressed. 
I can spot it in her eyes.



Sanjeev Sethi is published in over thirty countries. His poems have found a home in more than 350 journals or online literary venues. Wrappings in Bespoke is joint-winner of Full Fat Collection Competition-Deux organized by the Hedgehog Poetry Press UK. It is his fourth full-length collection. It will be launched in 2021. Recent Credits:  Mad Swirl, Futures Trading, Pomona Valley Review, Life and Legends, Cajun Mutt Press, Otoliths, and elsewhere. He lives in Mumbai, India.




No comments:

Post a Comment