Saturday, April 16, 2022

What It's All About By Ian Lewis Copestick


Well, this is it,
what it's all about.
Laying back in the sun,
with a shitload of beer.

Closing your eyes, and
relaxing.
If there is a heaven, it
must be something like
this.

No worries, no problems,
just sunshine, and pure
relaxation.
All I can hear is that
beautiful birdsong, and
little kids playing in their
paddling pools.

Feeling the warmth on
my skin.
The cold beer entering
my system.
This is better than drugs,
it's a natural high.

It almost makes winter
seem worth it.
Almost.
It's what it's all about. 





Ian Lewis Copestick is a 48 year old writer (I prefer that term to poet ) from Stoke on Trent, England. I spend most of my life sitting,  thinking then sometimes writing. I have been published in Anti Heroin Chic, the Dope Fiend Daily, Outlaw Poetry, Synchronized Chaos, the Rye Whiskey Review, Medusa's Kitchen and Horror Sleaze Trash.


3 comments:

  1. Beer in Heaven hope I have a reservation. Poignant yet cheerful enjoyed it very much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Santi.
      I'll get hammered in Heaven with you.

      Delete
    2. We will have to get hammered in Heaven, Santi

      Delete