Friday, July 24, 2026

The Grand Junction By Tracey Sivek


All these years

 feel less like years

and more like a breath

held between lifetimes.


We have sailed opposite oceans,

guided by different stars,

yet somehow remained

closer in heart and soul

than those standing

within arm’s reach.


It is a rare blessing

to find another

who can sit beside

your deepest shadows

without asking them to leave,

and then rise with you

into your brightest joy

without ever dimming your light.


Long before we knew

we had choices,

before awareness whispered

that another way was possible,

the tapestry of our lives

had already been woven.


There were missing threads.


Some would call it broken.


I cannot.


I call it survival.


The wounds we carried

were never ours to own.

They belonged to hands

that forgot

what gentleness was.


Perhaps to the world

we appear a little crazy.


But maybe what they call crazy

is simply two souls

who learned to breathe

through impossible seasons,

building quiet coping mechanisms

that became bridges

instead of prisons.


I have watched

your creativity

spill colors

where others saw red from jealousy.


I have witnessed

a wisdom

that asks for no applause,

a depth

few are ever invited

to discover.


Even in your darkness,

I have never lost sight

of your light.


And for that,

I will remain grateful

for the rest of my days.


Because where your threads

meet mine,

there are no missing places.


No frayed edges.


No unfinished design.


There is only

the Grand Junction…


the sacred place

where two souls remember

they were never broken,

only becoming whole.


And within me

there will always remain

a quiet sanctuary

that belongs to you.


So keep proving them wrong.


Not by becoming

someone they can understand…


but by continuing

to become

exactly who you are.


The world may never see

what I have been blessed to witness.


But I do.


And that

has been one of the greatest gifts

of this lifetime.





Tracey is a native of Northern Michigan. 

 She has work on Writerscafe and Cosmofunnel. She is also the Author of "Zero Evidence of Life" found on lulu.com.

Her publications include .

The Abyss, Under The Bleachers , The Rye Whiskey Review and The Dope Fiend Daily.

Her latest book For The Love Of Lily  is currently available on Amazon.


https://a.co/d/0hSH9eG9




No comments:

Post a Comment