Wednesday, December 25, 2019

An Invitation To Adventure. By Ian Lewis Copestick


Last night I found a credit/debit card
In the street outside the local
shop.
At one time, perhaps 20 years ago
This would've been an invitation
To adventure. Without thinking I would
Have been buying whiskey, cigarettes
And getting cash back. But now,
No. Before I even really thought
I knew I didn't want to get caught
And be taken to Court
For a charge of fraud
Just for a couple of days
Of drunkenness and
Other assorted fun.
I suppose I must be
Growing up, or maybe 
Just  losing my nerve.
I've got old man skin
On my hands too.








Ian Lewis Copestick is a 46 year old writer (I prefer that term to poet ) from Stoke on Trent, England. I spend most of my life sitting,  thinking then sometimes writing. I have been published in Anti Heroin Chic, the Dope Fiend Daily, Outlaw Poetry, Synchronized Chaos, the Rye Whiskey Review, Medusa's Kitchen and Horror Sleaze Trash.

1 comment: