Friday, November 30, 2018

Honestly. by Robert Ragan



I'm the roadkill you drive past 

A corpse deep in the ground underneath a tombstone spray painted with curses

Weird how I'm alive and breathing 

When my time finally comes 

The people who abandoned me 

Will claim they were there 

The people who put me down 

Will speak highly of me 

The real ones won't attend 

They'll tell it like it is 

From the comfort of their own Hell 

He was a good for nothing lowlife 

Who didn't care about anyone but himself 

Yeah that's what I want to hear 

The thought of such honesty sends chills up my spine 

The ones who were there 

Will be better off without me 

I just want them to remind all the liars 

Of how I really felt about them 

They don't care 


And I never gave a fuck about what they thought of me either




Robert Ragan, from Lillington, NC writer of short stories and poetry has been published online at Vext Magazine, Outlaw Poetry, and The Dope Fiend Daily. Alien Buddha Press has published his first short story collection "Mannequin Legs and Other Tales".

4 comments: